Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBIGuy1
Frequent Visitor

Pagination in Table Visual

Is there a way to enable Pagination in Table visual? I have a table that has 60 rows. I could not figure out a way to enable paging so i could show 20 rows per page in Table visual.

6 REPLIES 6
MawashiKid
Resolver II
Resolver II

RE: Pagination in Table Visual

Hi,
Regarding the pagination in table visual question, I was able to builid one using a copy of the code provided on Github  https://github.com/jeroenterheerdt/PaginatedTablePBIVisual
porvided by jeroenterheerdt. [I always give the author the credits ;)... ] 
I only had to change a few minor things - as I'm thinking of adding other custom features - ..  I can confirm the basic code sample provided works fine.  Sample below is pretty basic grid...  Default value was set to 20 but I changed it to 5... 

Page 1Page 1Page 2Page 2
Hope this helps...

Hi MawashiKid,

Could you please elaborate on how you're able to achieve pagination in the "table" visual in Power Bi from the Github solution you have mentioned in your post.

Thanks.

@MawashiKid 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@PowerBIGuy1

There's also a new Custom Visual called Grid

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/PBI_CV_309E6B47_39A5_4681_808F_132AFB230860

Grid Custom Visual.png

Hope this helps.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

Hi Sean,

Indeed... I've seen the new grid visual displayed on Custom Visual Gallery. The fact is
that - as some other pretty good ones I've seen - the visual was built
using the CORE version which is now listed as Deprecated. I'm not saying those
are bad. They're fully functional, though I'm personally aiming towards developing lighter versions using
the Power BI Visuals CLI version from now on. The sample I provided was pretty raw 
and I am planning to add more custom features.
Anyway thanks for sharing.

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

On approach could be to add a column to your data that includes an incrementing number for each page.  eg, your first 40 records all carry the number 1, the next 40 records carry the number 2.

Then you could have a slicer that offers 1 & 2 etc and the user can just cycle through those.

Not perfect but might be ok for some data

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hey @PowerBIGuy1,

This feature is not available yet for the Table visual, but you can vote for the idea here. You also might want to check out the Visuals Gallery located here: https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/

Hope this helps,

Alan

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.