Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gaussiana
Frequent Visitor

Paginated reports - How to delete duplicate values in the dropdown?

Hello,

I'm new to Paginated reports in Power BI...

I'm trying to build a timesheet with two parameters: customer name and monthYear.

So, I have created these parameters, and have imported the timesheet, calendar and entities table.

It all looks good but the entities names are not unique. When the user selects the dropdown, she sees all repeated entity names.

These are the parameter settings:

Gaussiana_0-1609950356314.png

How to delete duplicate values in the dropdown?

4 REPLIES 4
shyammayhs
Advocate II
Advocate II

I am also running into the same problem!

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Gaussiana not fully sure what you mean? Are you connecting to Power BI Datasets?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Gaussiana
Frequent Visitor

The data source for paged reports is Power BI Desktop, which is linked to a SharePoint DataFlow

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Gaussiana search for how to remove duplicate values in SSRS, at end of the paginated report is the same as SSRS and you should be able to bring that SSRS logic in paginated reports. What is your data source for paginated reports?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.