Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

linoe
Frequent Visitor

Paginated report in PBI Report Builder - One page per item?

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree, but is it possible to create a report in PBI Report Builder that shows one item and its details per page. We are using Project Online and would like to create a status report that would output one page per project based on some filters/parameters, but I can't seem to figure out how to make that work. Essentially it should be one page with the project name and some other fields/charts displaying the details for that particular project.

7 REPLIES 7
EZimmet
Resolver I
Resolver I

Good Day - 

Can you provide step by step on how to create the above in the image example I'm trying to perform the same.

Top section has static data on a PDU 

Second section would bave the Circuit Breaker information

PDU.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@linoe Hi Linoe, 

I have exactly the same requirement as yours. Could you please share the detailed solution to achieve this? Thanks much in advance!

v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @linoe ,

I'm a little confused about your requirement. If you want to show per items in one page, maybe you could try to use parameters to change the status. If you want to show items in per page, you could try using URL parameters.

Reference:

• Parameters:

Create parameters for paginated reports in the Power BI service 

View parameters for paginated reports in the Power BI service 

Power BI Paginated Reports Part 10 - Get Started with Parameters 

Power BI Paginated Reports Part 11 - More Parameters Tips and Tricks 

• URL Parameters:

Pass a report parameter in a URL for a paginated report in Power BI 

URL parameters in paginated reports in Power BI 

Paginated URL Parameters 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lets say for example, I have a filter/parameter for project manager. If there is a manager with 10 projects, I want them to select themselves, and get a 10 page report, with one project and its details per page in a sort of block layout. Something along these lines

lt02889890

linoe
Frequent Visitor

I had forgotten about this post but I was eventually able to get it working, figured I should answer in case someone else ends up here for the same issue. I had to use a List data region, and enable page breaking in the Row Group properties for "between each instance of a group".

Hi @linoe Do you know if it is possible to subscribe to the report seperately for each page created?

I have a requiremnet wherein, need to send a csv per page to a group of people as email subscription.

Hello, It looks like you found the solution for my problem, but I'm having trouble recreating your solution.  The steps I took was

• Insert List
  • Insert Table (within list region)
  • Select fields for the table

I get an error when I try to run the report with this process.  Could you share a little more details as I'm also trying to get one record per page for my reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.