Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GenoRockMdt
Frequent Visitor

Paginated SubReports with Multiple Datasets and Parameters

I created a Power BI report (not paginated) that has multiple report pages that rely on multiple datasets.  Each page can have visualizations with any of the various datasets and slicers using different fields.  Some of the pages have visualizations that are lists that require scrolling.

I am being asked to replicate this standard Power BI report using the Paginated Report option instead, but am not seeing a way to embed multiple paginated reports (like sub-reports) but have each sub-report with its own set of parameters.

I actually tried publishing each sub-report as a Paginated Report in an App of the service but that implementation is lame since switching from paginated report to report requires re-selecting the parameters and running the report.

Please advise - thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
GenoRockMdt
Frequent Visitor

My challenge is that I need to create a Paginated Report to get the better reporting of scrolling lists of data - We also want to be able to subscribe to the report and return all of the output for the report - including sub-reports.  Those subreports have different parameter sets. 

I am not seeing any want to create one paginated report with sub-reports, each with their own parameter sets.  

Do I need to vote for a change to the Paginated Reports tool to allow each subreport to provide for separate parameter sets?

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @GenoRockMdt ,

Is that you want to switch power bi reports to paginated reports?

IF yes , the only way is use Power BI report builder to connect the power bi dataset and rebuild.

You can initiate a vote on power bi ideas.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.