Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

snshah

Paginated Report vs PowerBI for making PowerPoint

Hi Everyone

I'd like to get an opinon on which approach to follow. Some (important) users of our company PowerBI reports and dashboards need to create a PowerPoint presentation. Presently the process invovled manually copying data from PowerBI's, excel, SAP etc and then putting it in that PPT. That PowerPoint has 18 slides. 

Most of that data is already available in PowerBI (except the narration/text paragraphs). So one appraoch I have in mind is to use Paginated reports. I have some experience with single paged (per parameter) paginated report. Obviously scaling that to 18 pages isn't the most straight forward thing to do as the report builder is not the most inuitive tool. one can easily export pdf or ppt from there.

The other option is to build a powerbi report with 18 tabs and then do an export. 

Would appreciate any thoughts/experiences on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @snshah ,

It's depends on your need, but if you need to present, please try to add a live report page to PowerPoint.

With the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint, you can enhance your data storytelling in PowerPoint with live, interactive Power BI data. Not only will the data shown in your presentations be always up to date, but also, while you're presenting, you'll be able to filter and drill down on data in response to questions and feedback from your audience without having to switch contexts.

For more details, you can read related document: About storytelling with Power BI in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft LearnAdd a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @snshah ,

It's depends on your need, but if you need to present, please try to add a live report page to PowerPoint.

With the Power BI add-in for PowerPoint, you can enhance your data storytelling in PowerPoint with live, interactive Power BI data. Not only will the data shown in your presentations be always up to date, but also, while you're presenting, you'll be able to filter and drill down on data in response to questions and feedback from your audience without having to switch contexts.

For more details, you can read related document: About storytelling with Power BI in PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft LearnAdd a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

FataiSanni
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI now allows you to embed a live report into PowerPoint.

If the reports are the same and only parameters are different, I will suggest you create one Power BI report, and embed it in PowerPoint, then filters can be used to change the parameters.

Here is a link on how to go about it here .

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.