Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lliu_western
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report HELP! Not showing the same as PowerBI

Hello community, 

I am very very stuck for a long time now. I have a very complicated measure and I am going to simply it in my explanation, hopfully I can still get the point across.

In my PowerBI report, I have a piviot table similar to below:

HoursPercentage Value
January22940.72
February19390.71
March 20950.71
April20550.72
May21640.79
June17730.79
July3450
August2300
September00
October00
November00
December00
TOTAL1286571

(The Total is the sub-total calculation in PowerBI) 

Please note that, the "Total" In "Percentage Value" is calculated by SUM(Hours * percentage value  in each row) / Total Hours

So [(2294 * 0.72) + (1939*0.71) + (2095*0.71) ......  ] / 12865

However, when I try to call the Total in Percentage Value in Paginated Report, I cannot get the 71 value... the value will always just equal to the earliest "percentage value" in the selected parameter. In the example above, the total will appear to be "72" instead of 71.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lliu_western
Frequent Visitor

Hi community, 

I found the solution to my own question and it works in Paginated report as well. I just have to call that value in Paginated report. 

I used TOTALYTD(CALCULATE([the monthly measure I already create ]. ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Date - Uear], 'Filter' [All the columns that I want to keep the filter on])),DateTable[Date])

so instead of using ALLSELECTED, I used ALLEXCEPT to ignore the filters in the pivot table then use "TOTALYTD" to keep the date filter of this year again. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lliu_western
Frequent Visitor

Hi community, 

I found the solution to my own question and it works in Paginated report as well. I just have to call that value in Paginated report. 

I used TOTALYTD(CALCULATE([the monthly measure I already create ]. ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Date - Uear], 'Filter' [All the columns that I want to keep the filter on])),DateTable[Date])

so instead of using ALLSELECTED, I used ALLEXCEPT to ignore the filters in the pivot table then use "TOTALYTD" to keep the date filter of this year again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lliu_western ,

This is Nishanth , I am also facing the similar issue with Paginated report.

I have created matrix visual in Power BI which shows sales & YOY growth percentage.

YOY Growth formula  = var ab= caluculate([sale],dateadd(dates,-1,year))
                                                   return
                                        divide(([sale]-ab),ab))

I have a requirement to create paginated report on it. Its working fine with the sales, But not working with the YOY percentage (showing wrong values: showing earliest value in the selected region)).

can you please help me with this issue?

Thanks for sharing. Kudos !!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Try like

averagex(summarize(table,table[Month],"_Hours",[hours],"_Per",[Percentage Value]),[_Hours]*[_Per])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.