Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

carlochecchia
Helper I
Helper I

Paginated Report Builder - Repeat Text Box when Tablix off the Page

Hi there,

I am trying to create a paginated report, but I am struggling with the following problem:

I have a TEXTBOX [with an expression to retrieve the question header from a survey] and a MATRIX [that shows the answers that were given on a selected question from the survey]. The rows from the MATRIX can be very long, and may required more than one page when printed as a PDF. I have set a parameter for the column of the MATRIX, in a way that I may selected several items and the matrix columns grows to a amount of columns that can not be shown in one page when printed as a PDF.

The issue I am facing is that I can't set up the TEXTBOX to repeat itself, when a MATRIX scrolls of the page in a PDF report.
Please see the images below:

a. Image 1 - Initial set up of the Paginated Report
1 - represents the TEXTBOX that retrieves the question.
2 - represents the matrix that show the results

carlochecchia_0-1647269902814.png

b. Image 2 - shows the result of a 2 PDFs pages, when i run my paginated report.
I would like the TEXTBOX, highlighted in RED, to show in the second page [in the box highlighted in YELLOW], since the 'matrix' in the second page represents the continuation of the matrix from the first page

carlochecchia_1-1647270130425.png

c. Image3 - a similar problem occurs when my MATRIX grows to the RIGHT of the page and doesn't fit in one page. The textbox does not REPEAT on the following page.

carlochecchia_2-1647270444174.png

I have been reading posts on the internet trying to solve this problem, but I have not been successful.
One of the solutions suggested was to insert a rectangle in the hearder of the matrix but unfortunately this doesn't work for me, as the columns can grow based on a parameter that is selected. I would like the 'TEXTBOX' to have a fixed size on top of the Matrix, regardless of how many items are selected for the columns of the Matrix.

Can anyone help, please?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
carlochecchia
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for getting back to me but unfortunately this doesnt work for us in this situation. I would like the header to have a fixed size and by adding the row on top of the tablix, the size of the text will be dependent of the amount of columns that are selected.

v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @carlochecchia ,

Maybe you can add a new row above matrix header.

vchenwuzmsft_1-1647486298658.png

Enable repeat header. 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. This allowed my users to print additional headers at the top of each page.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.