Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexhauge6
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report Builder Parameter Width Issue

Hello,

I am noticing an issue where parameter widths are fixed to a certain size in both Paginated Report Builder and in the parameters pane once the report is deployed to PowerBI.com.  I know there was an issue in SSRS where you could not change the width of parameters, but there was at least an option to scroll left and right in the drop down or expand the drop down.  I am not seeing an option for this in Paginated Report Builder.  Can someone please shed some light on this as I really need the ability to make some parameters wider than the default.

Thank you,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
4 REPLIES 4
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alexhauge6 ,

If you want to change the width of input box of parameter. Sorry for that, but based on this document, we did not found a setting to chang the width when customize the parameters pane.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That is very disappointing.  Especially since it appears that even the basic functionality of SSRS has been stripped out of this.  Does Paginated Report Builder have a suggestions site similar to the main Power BI suggestions so I can submit that?  I have a number of  Power BI Premium clients who want to utilize Paginated Report Builder similarly to how they use SSRS but these parameter limitations are a dealbreaker.

I'd like to agree that this is very disappointing. My company has recently started using Power BI paginated reports and this is yet another example of where it seems like we're taking steps backward from basic SSRS functionality. This was working great in standard SSRS so why hasn't that been implemented here? There's not even a horizontal scroll bar so other than using the clunky tool-tip hover method my end-users can't see more than the first 20 characters for the values in the drop-down parameter list. Very frustrating! Fix this please!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.