Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pages aren't refreshing after changing filter in "Edit Queries"

I am new to Power BI and working on Sales Data for various sales representatives. I filtered down to only one Sales Rep in "Edit Queries" and created a 4 page dashboard with only data from that one person.

1st page - overview by account with various visuals

2nd page - sales by channel (e-commerce, retail, etc.) with various visuals

3rd page - sales by product

4th page - map and customers

One slicer for account name is synced from the overview page to the other pages. If they choose one account, they can see details for that account on the other pages.

When everything looked good, and I wanted to replicate the report for the other 4 sales reps, I went back into "Edit Queries" and changed the filter to another sales rep. After I saved and applied the whole thing I noticed that the 1st page worked perfectly, but all the other pages weren't showing anything, just empty visuals.

I played around a little and found that the other three pages never updated to the other sales rep, even though there is no filter anywhere on any of the pages for sales rep. Even if I load in data for all 5 sales reps at once, the overview page works perfectly, but the other 3 pages only have data in them for the sales rep that was filtered in the beginning.

I could recreate the whole report from scratch with unfiltered data, and only filter in "Edit Queries" after I replicated the initial report, but I am not enthusiastic about redoing 3-4 hours of work.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Before:Initial Report.PNG

After changing filter in "Edit Queries"After Changing Filter.PNG

While main Overview page is unchanged. ( I deleted some visuals for privacy purposes)

Overview.PNG

1 REPLY 1
TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

This should be a problem of yor slicer, when we applied the queries, all changes will be transfered to the visual, but if the data doesn't contain the content of previous slicer, it will display null, you can try to readd the slicer and check the page level filter.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.