Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ErikBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Page tooltip not working anymore

Hello!

Previously I have used a "report page tooltip" to show instructions or other forms of text when a user hovers over a button. However this doesn't seem to be working anymore.

The way it works is that I have a "?" button, with a blank card visual on top of it. (because the button itself does not support page tooltips, and a card visual does).  

On the blank card visual I enable the report page tooltip and refer to my tooltip page.

On this tooltip page I have "Allow use as tooltip" enabled 

Main page                                         

1.PNG       

Tooltip page

2.PNG

I have an older dashboard where I used this trick and it worked perfectly, but now when I do the exact same thing it's not showing the tooltip. Maybe it's a bug with the newer version of PowerBI?

Anyone knows what might be casing this?

Sincerely,

Erik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aaaahh I found the issue!

The tooltip only shows when you hover over a value. So instead of a the card containing "", it should contain "                             ". (string with bunch of spaces). 

That way when you hover over the blank area, you are hovering over the string of spaces, and only then will it show the tooltip!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@ErikBI Will see if I can test this. In the mean time, make sure that you set your ? button to the background. Format and then Send backward, Send to back.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Aaaahh I found the issue!

The tooltip only shows when you hover over a value. So instead of a the card containing "", it should contain "                             ". (string with bunch of spaces). 

That way when you hover over the blank area, you are hovering over the string of spaces, and only then will it show the tooltip!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.