Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Maureen
Helper III
Helper III

Page tabs disappear

Sometimes when I am working in the Desktop, the page tabs at the bottom disspear and I can't find out how to make them visible again without closing the program and reopening.  Any tips?  I'm not sure what I did to make them disappear in the first place. 

13 REPLIES 13
dougbert
Helper II
Helper II

I just discovered manually resizing my PBI Desktop window (e.g.; dragging the corner of the window) brought back my page tabs.  Too strange!

I should also note I was working on my 2nd monitor at the time, just in case that's a factor.

If this post helps, please consider marking it as Accept It As The Solution to help other members find it more quickly.

joscanoav

Recently  I had this problem, you could try create a new object in my case was a colunm chart then in more option click spotlight. Good luck!

joscanoav_1-1599030431922.png

C_F

I've come across this issue with tabs disappearing and found that removing the updated ribbon resolved it.  I went to File - Options & Settings - Options - Preview Features and unchecked the Updated ribbon box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this happen today in Desktop PBI and I could not figure out how to make the tabs visible again. Was there ever a solution for this item @Maureen ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was frustrating to say the least when I was not able to navigate to other reports/tabs. However, I was lucky to remember a few things (steps) I had done before the tabs disappeared. Try this method, it worked for me.

Right click anywhere on the report and select "Show Data". This data view is specific to the report and other tabs are not visible. To return to the report (visual) this view offers "Back to report" button. Clicking this button took me back to the report and also displayed the tabs. 

My assumption is that we could achieve the same results by selecting "See Records" to drill into the details of the specific data element on the visual. However, i failed to make the tabs disappear again. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thanks - your workaround was the only thing that worked for me.

Weird....it worked for me though! Cheers!!

kellyyaker
Frequent Visitor

It's currently in "off." There's no switch in the left pane, in workspace or apps, it's in the top right. However, when I switch it to on, the tab doesn't appear either in apps. It looks like tabs moved to the left side of the report,  but there are no options to show or hide the tabs and, again, the tabs don't show in the new or old version of the report in the published app.  

kellyyaker
Frequent Visitor

I'm also experiencing a disappearance of my tabs when I publish to the app. I'm attaching screenshots.

This is the bottom of the report in my workspaces:

tabs-workspace.PNG

This is the bottom of that report once I publish it into the app:

tabs-apps.PNG

As you can see, there's nothing there. I've been through all of the visible settings and options and I can't figure out what's causing this.

Check the left side of the pane and/or if you have 'New look on'

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Maureen ,

I didn't encounter this problem on my side. Please post a screenshot. Besides, update your Power BI desktop to the latest release (2.70.5494.761) for a test.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.