cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ELW Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Page or report level filters when there are insufficient records

I'm working on a Power BI report based off of some survey response data.  My report has slicers that affect a page full of visualizations.  I would like a page or report level filter to hide, gray out, or otherwise suppress all of the visualizations when there are insufficient records/responses selected via the slicer.   

Is this possible?  I've tried adding a measure for the response count (<= 30) to the visual level filters, but that just filters out individual categories for affected visualizations.  I want the whole page to show no data if there are under 30 records populating it.  It doesn't seem to let me apply a response count measure to page or report level filters.  

Thanks!  Sorry if my question is worded incorrectly, I'm pretty new to Power BI and am used to doing everything in Excel.  

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Page or report level filters when there are insufficient records

@ELW unfortunately you cannot use measure in page level/row level filters. If you want to use measure for filter, you have to use it for each visual on the page.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Kudos Help Smiley Happy
Connect with me on Linkedin. Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

ELW Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Page or report level filters when there are insufficient records

Thanks @parry2k!  Unfortunately it doesn't even seem like the measure visual level filter does what I need it to, since it just suppresses specific categories rather than the whole visualization for any category with too few records.

Is there another way to accomplish this without measures?