Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshadrokade
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Page navigation with multiple slicers

Hi All,

I have three seperate pages created as below. Each page has slicer as Student name from the respective standard. These seperate pages are created as each standard page has different visuals to show as per standard. 

• Page 1.1- Standard A (Has slicer with Student names from Standard A)
  • Page 1.2- Standard B (Has slicer with Student names from Standard B)
  • Page 1.3- Standard C (Has slicer with Student names from Standard C)

I now have page 2 which has common visuals to show for all standards. 

How can I sync the slicers from Page 1.1, Page 1.2 & Page 1.3 with single slicer from Page 2 where if the user naviagates from Page 1.1 to Page 2, the slicer of Page 2 will show same selected student name on page 1.1.  If the user naviagates from Page 1.2 to Page 2, the slicer of Page 2 will show selected student name on page 1.2. 

I can create three seperate slicers on page 2 & hide not required slicer based on from which page the user has reached to page 2 but since those slicers are available in the backgraound of page 2, all three slicers (having different standard student names) are impacting the visuals on the page & visuals are mishehaving. 

I dont want to create copy of the visuals as it will increase the size of the page 2. Pls help all..

10 REPLIES 10
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @harshadrokade 

Have you ever used the sync slicer feature? Use the sync slicer to select the pages you want to sync.

vjaneygmsft_0-1650350492959.png

Check this:

sync-and-use-slicers-on-other-pages

Note: If it involves the interaction between slicers, you can cancel the interaction.

vjaneygmsft_1-1650350758275.png

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the revert @v-janeyg-msft 

I have used sync slicer option already but the problem is I have three different pages which have different student names in each of the page slicer.

Page 1.1 slicer has Standard A students

Page 1.2 slicer has Standard B students

Page 1.3 slicer has Standard C students

Page 2 has all three standard student names in it

How can I sync the slicers from Page 1.1, Page 1.2 & Page 1.3 with single slicer from Page 2 where if the user naviagates from Page 1.1 to Page 2, the slicer of Page 2 will show same selected student name on page 1.1.  If the user naviagates from Page 1.2 to Page 2, the slicer of Page 2 will show selected student name on page 1.2. 

The problem is how do you sync three different slicers with one slicer

Hi, @harshadrokade 

Is page2 hidden? If yes, I think for your needs, the most suitable solution is to use the drill through solution. Navigate to the corresponding page by selecting the student name.

Check this: Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you have problems, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-janeyg-msft Page 2 is not hidden. The user will be moving to page 2 from page 1.1 bu clicking on the page naviagation option. 

@harshadrokade 

There is no perfect advice, You can take a good look at the usage of drill through and bookmark and incorporate them into your report.

Reference:

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

@harshadrokade  Any updates?

harshadrokade
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Hi @v-jayw-msft  Can u pls help here. 

If there is no solution to this, can you pls let me know other way round. I a fine to use single page for page 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 with any otehr work around showing different visuals based on Standard selection on the page.

Hi @harshadrokade ,

You can have a single hierarchical slicer which has structure like this - standardA and it's child entities, standardB and it's child entities, standardC and it's child entities.

Have this slicer on page 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3

Then you can use this single hierarchical slicer on page 2. This way, whatever you select on page 1.1 or 1.2 or 1.3 same thing will reflect on page 2.

So basically instead of having 3 different slicers for page 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 have a single slicer with all the values and use hierarchical slicer to show which entity falls under which standard.

@harshadrokade -> if you find this helpful then please hit the thumbs up & mark it as a solution. Thanks.

HI @truptis I cant use hierarchial slicer on these 3 pages as if I provide them & if user is on page 1.1 & selects the Standard B student by mistake then the visuals on the screen will not work properly. The ideal requirement is user should always be able to see & select respetive standard students only.

• Page 1.1- Standard A (Has slicer with Student names from Standard A)
  • Page 1.2- Standard B (Has slicer with Student names from Standard B)
  • Page 1.3- Standard C (Has slicer with Student names from Standard C)

What I did is I have added one more page as Index where I asked the user to first select the stabdard as A,B or C in a slicer & then the Student slicer next to it gets filtered automatially showing only respective selected standard students. Now I provided them a button like Go or Get started & then based on which standard tthey selected on slicer, I naviagate them to page 1.1, 1.2 or 1.3. 

harshadrokade
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Hi @amitchandak , Can u pls help..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.