cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Page level filer by logged in username

I have a report that get data from iGlobe CRM a SharePoint Online App. I have created several reports succesfully. The attached shows all companies. Now I want to create a page with a page level filter where Accountmanager = the logged in user.

The goal is to have one page that will display data based on the logged in user showing only what is relevalt for that user. fx only to show the companies where the loggin user is accaount manager

Udklip.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User V
Super User V

Re: Page level filer by logged in username

Hi  @bruchiel,

You need to use the Row level security (RSL) in power bi please check this link.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog:

Power BI em Português

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have seen this in other post. But, I was hoping for an easier way. I mean we know the logged in user. It should be possible to use a filed with the username to set up a filter on page level. I do hope Microsoft would consider adding such a feature to Power BI.

Unless some one out there has a good idea?  

Highlighted
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi, try to follow this article 

http://radacad.com/dynamic-row-level-security-with-profiles-and-users-in-power-bi

Basicly you need to make a table with all the usernames and then to use the function USERPRINCIPALNAME() in the RLS section.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power BI

See the latest Power BI innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!.

Top Solution Authors