Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gquaiotti
Frequent Visitor

Page level date filter does not affect date hierarchy

I need help to understand the reason why a page level filter on a date filter does not affect visuals that are using the date hierarchy but if the visual uses the date field, it works fine.

This is causing unexpected behavior on some visuals, showing dates that are not desired, depending on the measure.

My model has one date table:

data_emissao = CALENDARAUTO()

and one fact table:

gquaiotti_0-1626121573298.png

To ilustrate the issue I created two matrix visuals. The first one using the Date Hierarchy and the second one using the Date field.

Matrix with date hierarchy

gquaiotti_1-1626121778185.png

Matrix with date field

gquaiotti_2-1626121807584.png

When I filter the date filter on Page Level Filters, the "Matrix with date field" has the expected behavior, but the "Matrix with date hierarchy" keeps showing all periods of the date table.

gquaiotti_3-1626122067563.png

If I use a filter that is related to the hierarchy (like the Year), both of them works fine.

gquaiotti_4-1626122255854.png

Thanks!

Gabriel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gquaiotti ,

Based on my test, after putting one column into Value field, the "Matrix with date hierarchy" will be filtered correctly.

And for the hierarchy created manually, not auto-generated, it can also be filtered correctly without value field.

hierarchy.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
sevenhills
Super User
Super User

Do you have the year in the Hierarchy as a column or auto-generated hierarchy?

I do NOT know spanish and your images are in Spanish, hence asked. 

All columns from hierarchy are auto-generated hierarchy

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gquaiotti ,

Based on my test, after putting one column into Value field, the "Matrix with date hierarchy" will be filtered correctly.

And for the hierarchy created manually, not auto-generated, it can also be filtered correctly without value field.

hierarchy.gif

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

sevenhills
Super User
Super User

I guess you have to adjust your Date Table and use the column from the Date Table.

data_emissao = CALENDARAUTO()

Check this article to understand how to do ... https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/creating-a-simple-date-table-in-dax/

Use the column from this table for your page filter, it should work.

Thanks for your reply.

I am already using the column from the Date Table on the filter. The date column on the fact table is hidden.

gquaiotti_0-1626126019212.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.