Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bdmichael09
Helper II
Helper II

Page filters are changing from their default

Not 100% sure this belongs in this particular part of the forum, but here we go anyways.

So i've built my report. Everything works exactly as I want/need it to (aside from maybe a little slow but that could easily be a result of inefficent DAX coding on my part). I have a one page, that I call the overview page, that is visible to the viewers of the report and several buttons that allow users to navigate to the other pages from the overview page. Whenever a user goes to one of the other pages, the matrix tables on the page are not using the view that I had set up in the desktop app and they can click on the Reset to Default button at the top of the web page. I had hoped that changing the persistent filter settings would help this issue, but it does basically nothing. The biggest problem is that half of my visualizations on my overview page only work when a very specific filter is applied. So now when a user goes from an alternate page, back to the overview page, half of the visualizations pop up with the ever beautiful "Can't display the visual" error. Needless to say it looks very unprofessional. All of these problems are immediately solved by clicking the Reset to Default button at the top of the page but I really feel like that shouldn't be necessary. Anyone ever encountered this before or have any advice/suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi ,

You can create a bookmark with the default filter you want on the overview page and add a button on the other pages of the report linked to that bookmark that will make you overview page always return with the filters you need.

If you are using slicer for the selections another option is to turn off slicer sincronization with the overview page and hide the slicers on the overview page.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi ,

You can create a bookmark with the default filter you want on the overview page and add a button on the other pages of the report linked to that bookmark that will make you overview page always return with the filters you need.

If you are using slicer for the selections another option is to turn off slicer sincronization with the overview page and hide the slicers on the overview page.

Regards,
MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

My man. I actually was using bookmarks for my buttons and it just never occured to me that I had set up the bookmarks before I had made some alterations to each of these report pages. I went back and updated the bookmarks and everything is aces. Much appreciated MFelix, take the night off. You earned it. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.