Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Page and bookmark security

I need to guarantee access to users of our dashboards by page of report and by bookmark. Nowadays, there are row level security, but this way demand create another pbix for each kind of user.

Exemple: There three pages in pbix (page1, page2 and page3) and two users (user1 and user2). The user1 can view only page1, and user2 can view only page2 and page3. The same situation occurs when we use a bookmarks.

Nowadays we need to create a pbix for each role of user...

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my research, it is not supported in Power BI now. 

Besides, I found there is a same feature request posted in Power BI Idea forum, you can vote and comment on it: Page (Tab) level Security.

Best Regards,
Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

qmartiny
Helper III
Helper III

I am expecting you are describing a scenario where user 1 has 'global' access to the summary page and user 2 detail only.

I found that if you need that kind of RLS you can create 1 pbix that is 'global' and then another one with only the pages you want restricted by user and apply RLS there.

I find that you can create them both from the same dataset. The effect (if you put both in an app) is pretty seamless for the end user.

By bookmark, as far as I know you can't use RLS. If you do need a completely different view for each user I would suggest figure out how many types of roles you are working with an create individual PBIX, at the max one/role should be enough.

(again assuming a couple things here)

Let me know if that helps

Quentin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.