Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jondeck24
Helper I
Helper I

Page Size Issue

Hey All,

I had a quick question to pose the group and see if people have any good suggestions on a Visual problem.  I'm trying to put together a page in desktop that will essentially show a bill for services rendered.  The page will have a filter on the Companies that are being billed so say ABC, DEF, XYZ are the 3 companies.  Since this is a bill all charges must be present on 1 page.  The issues from a design standpoint is that the charges have to go into a table and company XYZ has 3 times the charges as the other.  I've had to make my table therefor very big - I even had to edit the page size to stretch it out to make everything fit into one page.  From a visual standpoint, when you go from one company to the other there are huge empty spaces in my page and its not desireable.  Again, my table cannot be scrollable, I need to show all the data for it. 

I don't believe there is a way to auto-size the tables right? Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jondeck24,

Did your boss must see data in table visual? As selecting Company XYZ, there are too many values in the table visual, you can try to aggregate values in a chart, use See Records feature to see underlying data. See: Use See Data and See Records in Power BI Desktop.

By the way, for your requirement, you can vote the similar requirement here: Auto resize table font size.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

To answer your question, no, you cannot dynamically resize the table.  But, this leads me to another question:  Why are you using PBI for a static table view?  That kind of defeats the purpose of an interactive visualization tool/layer, don't you think?  What is the point of viewing an invoice in this way?  If you just want to filter by company and view the invoice essentially as is, PBI is probably not the best tool.

Its simple - the bosses want what they want.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.