Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lars2121
Frequent Visitor

Page Navigator .json Theme

Hello, 

I would like to automatically adjust the theme of the new Page Navigator. 

However, I don't know how to target that thing directly and what kinds of adjustments I can do.

It should automatically look like that from the start.

Lars2121_0-1647522991036.png

Best Regards 

Lars

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
RemLee
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

found this article What makes up a Power BI Desktop PBIX File - Data Analytics | FourMoo and Power BI

explaining how to view content of pbix file. Changed my bpix to zip and found from Lyout -file "name/word" for Bookmark Navigator. For json it is bookmarkNavigator.

View solution in original post

MarvinVitcu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hey @RemLee 

I posted a solution here. However you are not able to change the default shape of the navigation button in the json file.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/JSON-pageNavigator-Visual-StyleNames-amp-CardNames/m-p/2471...

Hi Marvin,

I have worked out the solution - the trick was set a default ID just like the other properties:

"pageNavigator": {
            "*": {
                "shape": [
                    {
                        "$id": "default",
                        "roundEdge": 25,
                        "tileShape": "rectangleRounded"
                    }
                ],
            }
        }

13 REPLIES 13
MarvinVitcu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hey @RemLee 

I posted a solution here. However you are not able to change the default shape of the navigation button in the json file.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/JSON-pageNavigator-Visual-StyleNames-amp-CardNames/m-p/2471...

Hi Marvin,

I have worked out the solution - the trick was set a default ID just like the other properties:

"pageNavigator": {
            "*": {
                "shape": [
                    {
                        "$id": "default",
                        "roundEdge": 25,
                        "tileShape": "rectangleRounded"
                    }
                ],
            }
        }

Hi, have you found a way to just round the top corners of the rectangle? Cheers!

Hi, there is a really good source here: powerbi-desktop-samples/Report Theme JSON Schema/README.md at main · microsoft/powerbi-desktop-sampl... which contains the schema for the Theme files. From what I have found, the shape option would be "tabRoundTopCorners"

Hello Marvin,

I have read your article and helped. Thank you. Do you think out of the discussion in the forum that there is no solution to that or do you have other knowledge about the shape?

Hey @Lars2121 

I'm sorry, but I believe there is not solution for setting the default shape in the json file. I have tried all kinds of different names for the property; and online there was simply no documentation about it at all. 

RemLee
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

did you find "name/word" to be used in json for Page navigator? I'm also trying to find "name/word" for Bookmark navigator.

RemLee
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

found this article What makes up a Power BI Desktop PBIX File - Data Analytics | FourMoo and Power BI

explaining how to view content of pbix file. Changed my bpix to zip and found from Lyout -file "name/word" for Bookmark Navigator. For json it is bookmarkNavigator.

Hey yes, I also found mine. However, I still find it hard to define by moving objects. So if you won't mind could you post your solution for the BookmarkNavigator?

Hello RemLee,

I don't have time at the moment to check your solution.

However, thank you so much for the article. And when I find the time and I can work with that I will Mark that as a solution and give you a thumbs up or whatever pushes your account.

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello trupits,

thank you so much for your quick response. 

But, I know how to use it. The question now is, similar to the slicer (see picture below) I want to know if anybody knows the word to address the page navigation, and what kind of options I have there.

Lars2121_1-1647588722650.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.