Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBIpro123

Page Navigation based on security group

Hi,

I have page navigation based on row level security where specific page options are available to one security group vs other. Along with that, I am trying to add one more feature like a Get Started button. The idea behind that is:

There's a landing home page for all users. But, when a user from a security group clicks on Get Started button, it takes him to the page visible to him whereas when a user from other security group clicks the Get started button, that button takes him to a different page visible to him.

Do you have an idea if this is possible in Power BI. IF yes, then how?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @PowerBIpro123 ,

There is no conditional access available for the seperating report pages. You could apply row level security so that no data showed in the visuals, but all users see the same report tabs.

Please vote for the idea.

Allow different user to view different pages in a report base on RLS setting. 

More details about RLS: RLS with Power BI 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dvl_ctaul
Helper I
Helper I

Strictly using PowerBI it is not possible. Page navigation is done using bookmarks or just the navigation action within buttons, but to my knowledge there is no way to create conditional navigation or bookmarks. There isn't a way to create conditional visibility like there is in PowerApps, either. 

Your best bet might be to create a PowerApp with that functionality that links to reports/report pages based on the users role.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.