Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

joshua1990
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Page Navigation Action through several Workspaces

Hello everyone!

I have an app that consolidates 4 workspaces.

Now I have built a landing page to navigate to these 4 areas within the app.

In Power BI Desktop I can easily build a page navigation based on the  "Actions > Page Navigation" apprach.

But how is this possible in the app / power bi service to navigate with a button or rectangle to a different workspace/ power bi file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshua1990 ,

You can edit the tiles(not live page) in the app and add hyperlinks in the form of external links

V-lianl-msft_0-1600149073378.png

V-lianl-msft_1-1600149096641.png

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @joshua1990 ,

You can edit the tiles(not live page) in the app and add hyperlinks in the form of external links

V-lianl-msft_0-1600149073378.png

V-lianl-msft_1-1600149096641.png

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello,

unfortunately it is not possible to have reports from different workspaces in one app.

Each app refers to the contents of one workspace.

But I think you mean that you have multiple reports in one app?

The action "page navigation" will not work here because you will only have the pages of one report available.

The only option that came into my mind is that you could publish your app with the reports and copy the url from the pages and use them for the navigation. I just don't know if the url changes when you refresh your app.

JosefPrakljacic_0-1599995276830.png

Would you please try it out and let us know 🙂

Please don't forget to give a 👍 and accept the post as solution. (If it helped 😅)
Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef
Graz - Austria

View-my-LinkedIn-profile-image-3-300x140.png.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.