Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rlansing
Resolver I
Resolver I

Page Level Filter rejecting placement of RANK measure

Hello,

I am trying to place my measure that calculates item ranking into the "Page Level Filters" field so that I can filter the entire page to the top 15 Brands of a specific category of sales data. When I drag and drop the measure into the field, it does not stay there. It seems to reject the measure. I assume this is user error due to the contextual nature of the measure, but I would really like to filter by rank, how can I do it?

Here is how the measure is written:

$ Vol Rank = IF(SUM( 'DATA'[$ Vol] ) > 0, RANKX ( ALLSELECTED( 'DATA'[Brand] ), CALCULATE(SUM( 'DATA'[$ Vol] ), ALLEXCEPT( 'DATA', 'DATA'[Market], 'DATA'[Brand] ))), BLANK() )

Thank you,

Bobby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures can't be used in slicers or page filters. Would need to create a calc column (or a measure that returns only top 15)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Measures can't be used in slicers or page filters. Would need to create a calc column (or a measure that returns only top 15)

I am not able to create a calculated column using RANKX. Can you tell me exactly what work around I used to restrict my rank meanure below to top 5 in the entire page :

RankManuSales = RANKX(ALL(Manufacturers[Manufacturer]),[Total Sales], , desc)
Evogelpohl
Helper V
Helper V

My RANKX is far easier and I cannot use it as a filter at the report level or the page level.

Item Folder Rank = RANKX(all('Execution Log'[Item Folder]),'Execution Log'[Executions],,,Dense)

I want my entire report to be limited to only <=10 as this measure calculates.  Essentially an analysis on the "Top 10".

What gives?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.