cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lawsonbe
Helper I
Helper I

Page Filter does not effect Date Hierarchy

I have been working on the problem for several hours. I have a data set with many dates that were automatically turned into date hierarchies as I would expect. When I create a table and drop the date hierarchy into it and then try to create a page filter on the same field, the page filter has no effect at all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just attempted the same on a blank PBIX and can't reproduce your issue. In the table visual, can you try setting your date field to just the date rather than having the expanded hierarchy?

Unfiltered:

Unfiltered.PNG

Filtered:

Filtered.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lawsonbe
Helper I
Helper I

It is the same table and field in table and page filter.
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @lawsonbe,

There isn't enough info here to find an answer. Could you post a picture of what you're attempting and the result?

Here is a screen shot. The basic_date is the only thing in the table and it is what I am filtering on. As you can see, the page filter is having no effect. Oddly, when I started the desktop up a minute ago, the filter was effecting the table. When I tired to replicate the steps of filtering the table, it no longer worked.

PowerBI Community Question.PNG

I just attempted the same on a blank PBIX and can't reproduce your issue. In the table visual, can you try setting your date field to just the date rather than having the expanded hierarchy?

Unfiltered:

Unfiltered.PNG

Filtered:

Filtered.PNG

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has solved an issue I stuck with since yesterday. Seems that hierarchy isn't a good freind with filters

Your solution worked. I still wonder why the filter is not working on the hierarchy as it was. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u53iupxhfekny49/AADtI40U--Opz6UZBHW3GmB5a?dl=0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors