Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lawsonbe
Helper I
Helper I

Page Filter does not effect Date Hierarchy

I have been working on the problem for several hours. I have a data set with many dates that were automatically turned into date hierarchies as I would expect. When I create a table and drop the date hierarchy into it and then try to create a page filter on the same field, the page filter has no effect at all. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just attempted the same on a blank PBIX and can't reproduce your issue. In the table visual, can you try setting your date field to just the date rather than having the expanded hierarchy?

Unfiltered:

Unfiltered.PNG

Filtered:

Filtered.PNG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
lawsonbe
Helper I
Helper I

It is the same table and field in table and page filter.
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @lawsonbe,

There isn't enough info here to find an answer. Could you post a picture of what you're attempting and the result?

Here is a screen shot. The basic_date is the only thing in the table and it is what I am filtering on. As you can see, the page filter is having no effect. Oddly, when I started the desktop up a minute ago, the filter was effecting the table. When I tired to replicate the steps of filtering the table, it no longer worked.

PowerBI Community Question.PNG

I just attempted the same on a blank PBIX and can't reproduce your issue. In the table visual, can you try setting your date field to just the date rather than having the expanded hierarchy?

Unfiltered:

Unfiltered.PNG

Filtered:

Filtered.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has solved an issue I stuck with since yesterday. Seems that hierarchy isn't a good freind with filters

Your solution worked. I still wonder why the filter is not working on the hierarchy as it was. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u53iupxhfekny49/AADtI40U--Opz6UZBHW3GmB5a?dl=0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.