Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JimAksel

PWA Deliverables

Using Power BI Desktop and have oData Connections to a Project Server 2013 PWA tenant.  One such table is the "Deliverables" table.  Also of interest is the Projects table and Tasks Table.  There are relationships between these tables.

However, when I go to link to the Deliverables Table during setup, I need to expand the Project section in the Deliverables Table to be able to see important parameters such as the source/destination file names of the deliverable, Task Related information such as Task UniqueIDs, etc. 

Unfortunately, when I expand the column(s) for Dependent Projects, Dependent Tasks, Partent Projects/Tasks, etc. and select the desired fields, it produces an error:  Unsupported query option encountered $expand.  Data Source kind: oData.

Any idea how to access these fields?

9 REPLIES 9
charlie2k

Hi All,

Trying to revive this thread 🙂 I am also getting the same error for a OData Feed source.

DataSource.Error: OData: Unsupported query option encountered: $expand
Details:
DataSourceKind=OData
DataSourcePath=<#Removed the URL for my data source that was present here#>

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks!

I was just told by Power BI tech support to expand that Projects section instead of using a merge. I get the same error though:  "DataSource.Error: OData: Unsupported query option encountered: $expand" and have reported this back to them. We'll see what they say since they suggested I do it in the first place.

In the meantime, I'll stick with what I've been doing, which is to add a merge step to the query, then expand the columns as needed.

Hi,

I am struggling with the same issue.  Did anyone work out a resolution on how to get access to the required information.  I am not experienced in how to use the merge feature to append the required data to the table so I can add it into my Visuals.

Any information would be appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having the same issue with the Deliverables. Connecting Power BI Desktop to Project online. 

I do believe the issue is when I look at the Deliverables table in the Query it is blank. I do not know why this table has no data as it seems there should be plenty looking at the titles of the columns. 

I am trying to have a report which lists all the projects then tasks with actual work hours. with no ParentIdName field this is very hard. 

cfzini
Frequent Visitor

Currently I am having a problem that looks like your.

I am conecting my data sources with the Enterprise's Project Server. Those projects have some customized Columns, as "% Buffer Consumed", "% Critical Chain Consumed", and others.

What I want is to expand my tables, to see these columns (e.g. Tasks Table), but when I do this, i get the same error:

• DataSource.Error:
  • OData: A opção de consulta sem suporte encontrado $expand
  • Details: DataSourceKind=OData

If anyone knows how to solve this, i'd really be Thankful!

So this is pretty old, but did anyone ever figure out how to do this?  Or a workaround to bring in the deliverables + parenttasks details?

Trying to connect deliverables to related tasks, unfortunately no link except in the tables would like to expand but can't.

cfzini
Frequent Visitor

Currently I am having a problem that looks like your.

I am conecting my data sources with the Enterprise's Project Server. Those projects have some customized Columns, as "% Buffer Consumed", "% Critical Chain Consumed", and others.

What I want is to expand my tables, to see these columns (e.g. Tasks Table), but when I do this, i get the same error:

• DataSource.Error:
  • OData: A opção de consulta sem suporte encontrado $expand
  • Details: DataSourceKind=OData

If anyone knows how to solve this, i'd really be Thankful!

pqian
Employee
Employee

It seems the OData endpoint did not implement the $expand operator, maybe the join is too expensive for the service? The only way you can get these data is by also importing the FK tables, and then do a local join via Merge.

hi, you mention FK tables ... where/how does one access these please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.