Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

PREVIOUSMONTH Issue with the display of the data in a visual when you only want to see last 3 months

I will try and split my issues up to see if anyone can help me on each one seperately

I am using my measure (Example Fact) and Last Month Fact (I keep being told to remove the last [.Date] but when I do nothing shows up at all

I have a fact table and a Date table joined to the fact table. I cannot provide a pbix file unfortunately

Fact

LM Fact = CALCULATE([Fact],PREVIOUSMONTH('Date'[Date].[Date] ))

PreviousMonth.JPG
So issue 1 I am using a flag to just see the last 3 months (Thats all we want to see) the flag is against the dates in the date table

I am getting nothing coming out for April 2020 (LM) and I want that value
I am getting Values for July 2020 (LM) and I dont want that value Because the current month is June

Basically, I need to see March figures against April and I dont want to see Junes month against July (Because We are in June)
I have also tried this without the flag and using Relative date and it comes up with exactly the same answer

I only want to see the last 3 months worth of data

And I do understand people are talling me to get rid of .[Date] But then I get no values at all so It hasnt helped me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE , 

If you want to get last 3 month based on  this month, you could refer to my sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE , 

If you want to get last 3 month based on  this month, you could refer to my sample for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.