Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paulo84
Frequent Visitor

PPUInformation not allowed for premium caller - error when refreshing

Hi All, 

I have a variety of reports with dataflow datasources which are based on Dynamics entities. However, starting today when trying to refresh these reports in desktop I am receiving the following error - but only for the dynamics data sources. 

PPUInformationNotAllowedForPremiumCaller.png

The underlying dataflows refreshed successfully this morning with no errors. 

Even creating a new report and trying to add one of these dataflows causes the same error. 

I have also tried clearing global permissions on the datasources, to no avail. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

-Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Paulo84
Frequent Visitor

Hi All, 

I lodged a support ticket to investigate this issue. It appears there is currently an issue with dataflows in PPU workspaces being refreshed through a report in Power BI desktop. 

Response from Microsoft indicates a fix will be deployed in the 3rd week of May 2021:

"We have an Outage from Product end,  if  premium per user license is assigned to a Workspace, we are unable to connect to Dataflows  from that respective workspace in Power BI Desktop.

Our Product team is working to fix the Outage and ETA for the fix is given as end of 3rd week of May. Once the fix is deployed, you will be able to connect to Dataflows from Power BI Desktop."

In the meantime, a workaround is to change the workgroup to "Pro" to facilitate a refresh through Desktop. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dnachimow

It seems as if this issue has resurfaced. Identical scenario to what you described. I'm opening a ticket open with Microsoft now, but curious if anyone else is experiencing this. @Paulo84 

Unfortunately yes, I have the same issue as you.

Paulo84
Frequent Visitor

Hi All, 

I lodged a support ticket to investigate this issue. It appears there is currently an issue with dataflows in PPU workspaces being refreshed through a report in Power BI desktop. 

Response from Microsoft indicates a fix will be deployed in the 3rd week of May 2021:

"We have an Outage from Product end,  if  premium per user license is assigned to a Workspace, we are unable to connect to Dataflows  from that respective workspace in Power BI Desktop.

Our Product team is working to fix the Outage and ETA for the fix is given as end of 3rd week of May. Once the fix is deployed, you will be able to connect to Dataflows from Power BI Desktop."

In the meantime, a workaround is to change the workgroup to "Pro" to facilitate a refresh through Desktop. 

EvandroBI
Frequent Visitor

Passo pelo mesmo problema!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Paulo84 , It is giving some issue with premium user. Hope no issue with subscription. First check that.

if that is fine, Log an issue or support ticket

issue : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Support : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Thanks @amitchandak , 

I have a Premium Per User Licence - I double checked my profile, and it is still showing I have a premium per user licence. 

HI @Paulo84,

Did this issue only appear on the dynamic data source? I'd like to suggest you test with a common data source to confirm if this issue more relates to the compatibility of PPU and dynamic datasource. (they may cause by feature or interface changes)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.