Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arpita
Regular Visitor

POwer BI Compliance updater

Hi,

Please tell me what is Power BI Compliance Updater? Also, how is it different from PBI Desktop?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

@arpitawhen you say "When I got o the site where all the software are available for us to install, and i search for power BI" it sounds like you're talking about some internal site used by your company for distributing software to users. Is that correct? If so you should contact your IT department and ask them for clarification because it sounds like something specific to your company. If it's some other site, what site are you talking about? Power BI Desktop should be downloaded from www.powerbi.com for installation normally.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
prateekraina
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @arpita,

Where did you hear this term "Power BI Compliance Updater" ?

Thanks 

Prateek Raina

Hi,

I found it in my company's 'software to install options'

I want to install it and can only see 'Power BI Compliance updater - Pull only '  as an option to install.

Now, I am not sure if its the right one or do i need to ask for Power BI Desktop instead. As that's what I want.

P.S. I am new user of Power Bi.

Thanks,

Arpita

Hi @arpita,

Not sure about "Power BI Compliance Updater", it might be your company's internal application.
If you want to create reports in Power BI and publish them on Power BI service (online), you should ask for Power BI Desktop to achieve that.

Here is quick link to download it.
https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521662&clcid=0x409

Thanks 

Prateek Raina

Hi @prateekraina,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I will do that.

Cheers!!

Hi @arpita,

If you are satisfied with the answer, please like the post and accept it as a solution 😄

Thanks,

Prateek Raina

Hi @prateekraina,

Awaiting someone to tell me what Compliance updater is though 🙂

Thanks,

Arpita

Hi @arpita,

Actually, I am still confusing what you said. "I found it in my company's 'software to install options'I want to install it and can only see 'Power BI Compliance updater - Pull only '  as an option to install." Could you please share a screenshot for further analysis?

After research, do you point to Microsoft Trust Center? I share the following articles for your reference.

Power BI Added to Microsoft Trust Center  and https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/trustcenter

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft,

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to install Power BI in my work computer.

When I got o the site where all the software are available for us to install, and i search for power BI ; I find Power BI Compliance updater -pull only.

Now, I want to know if it it is same as Power BI Desktop or It is something else? 

I hope now my query is clear to you.

Also, I couldn't find my answer in the links you provideed.

Please let me know if you know what 'Power BI compliance updater' is.

Thanks,

arpita

KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

@arpitawhen you say "When I got o the site where all the software are available for us to install, and i search for power BI" it sounds like you're talking about some internal site used by your company for distributing software to users. Is that correct? If so you should contact your IT department and ask them for clarification because it sounds like something specific to your company. If it's some other site, what site are you talking about? Power BI Desktop should be downloaded from www.powerbi.com for installation normally.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

hi @KHorseman

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are right, its internal site of our company.

I have already raised a query to them today. Was just searching for answers by myself till then.

Thanks again though. Appreciate you takling time to reply.

Thanks,

Arpita

Hi,

Please tell me what is Power BI Compliance Updater? Also, how is it different from PBI Desktop?

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.