Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ukantkumar
Helper I
Helper I

POWER query or Dax

Hi Everyone!

I got one problem

I have 2 tables. 

I have hard code the value in power bI itself based on 2ND TABLE.

1 ST TABLE ALL REQUIRED VALUE. BASED ON 2 ND TABLE VALUE I HAVE TO CREATE  Custom column in 1 ST TABLE

IN 2 ND TABLE I AM RECEIVING  RANGE OF VALUE.

PLEASEVisual Progress.PNG HAVE LOOK IN PICTURE

4 REPLIES 4
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@ukantkumar can you explain what you are trying to do? Explanation is not very clear

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Finally, output something like that. this is achievable for me only Creating a custom column in 1 st table using 2 nd table that is a problem ?

VISUAL PROGRESS 2.PNG

Hi Parry,

I have to make road 1 to 5 km (as for example)

I think you must have seen while making the road, the contractor will do  different type oF activity

1. they put soil

2.put Concreting

last they will do Pitching( so these all are the diffrent type of category of work they will DO.For each kilometer of Road.

so if you can see the table2 that coming from Database that is from 1 to 5-kilometer(Range) this much category is done.

but in my report, I have to show each kilometer of record that y created table1 that is hard code..because I know the total length 5 km, and how many types of category going to use.

now what I have to do based on the table2 km range with category, I have to make custom column in TABLE1 Saying that from 1, 2,3,4,5 km A category completed then put 1.  if B is completed then put 2 ............similarly for other categories 

NOTE: -and we can make a relationship between both tables because the field name is the same in both tables!

Hi @ukantkumar ,

Could you please share more information about your table2? It looks like that all A B C D category have been finished from range 1 to range 2.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors