Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

POWER BI DESKTOP FREE VERSION Report show blank for all pages

This is a heartattack moment!

I was working on my report yesterday. I swear I saved it and double checked it before close it. there are 5 pages in my report.

This morning when I tried to open it, all blank. Only show Page 1 as default setting.

Any one has any clue about this issue???? Where can I get my recovered back? I checked my recoveried file, same blank pages show in the report. However, all my calculations are saved in the fields and tables(including the latest ones from yesterday). So strange

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous   ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark the proper reply as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Would like to share some evidences to show I did save it, The size shows 11,816kb, I saved last night arround 11pm EDT,

those measures what the one I added last night(I also posted another question related how to calculate these measures). the data model did not have any filter at back end.
size.PNG111.PNGhasvalue.PNG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Check the version of Power BI.  I saw one update were the report does not open after the August 2020 update.

If there no version change it should open, if saved properly, or should give recover file message.

In case this new version and file did not open, log an issue -https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @amitchandak Have posted to the place you shared.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test in the latest version of Power BI Desktop,  I connect to a data source, and do some operations , for example transform data , create relationship , create measure and column, create report visuals ,,,etc, then save this pbix file, the reopened report is displayed well.

You may try to upgrade the Power BI Desktop to the latest version ,  then go to File -> Options and settings -> Options -> Diagnostics and click "enable tracing", and try to create a new .pbix file to test if this issue will occur again, if it occurs again, try to check the detailed logs in the traces folder.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.