Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dyee46413GT
Regular Visitor

PDF Viewer Help

Here is my situation.  I built a Power Apps PDF Viewer and integrated it into my Power BI Report.  When a file is selected, the Power BI report filters the data in my Power App and when they click view PDF it activates a flow to pull the PDF from my document library.  This works great.  The issue is the Power Apps PDF viewer needs to take up most of the page so viewers can see everything.  Unfortunately, if you select something on one page it doesn't carry over to another page unless it's a filter.  Even with filters, you need to actually select th item to make it live so if I clicked document 1234 the slicer can be filtered to only show 1234 but the user still needs to click it again to activate it.  If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it but here are the areas I'm going to try to explore.

1. Can we modify the visual's size or make it hidden?  Ideally, the PDF viewer should be hidden or tiny then expands/shows once it is selected.  This would be ideal to do with bookmarks but I'd need to reset the bookmark to save the selected value.  To my knowledge, Bookmarks dont' do that

2. Is doable with drillthroughs?  I tried to set it up but for some reason it is saying there is an error with the connection.  The data model is doc number --> doc number bridge --> doc number in library. 

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd love to hear it.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@dyee46413GT,

I'm afraid your needs cannot be met using the bookmark and drill through functions

Please check out the following articles to see if it is helpful :PDF viewer control (experimental) in Power Apps 

Power apps-pdf-viewer 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Vladisam
Helper II
Helper II

I work on similar project (but without Flow, check Reza Dorrani's Youtube tutorial). I am passing path to the pdf into PowerApps and it works so far - when i choose file name in PBI list (matrix visual) PDF viewer shows the file (no extra clicks needed). I just made it to work today so i will be exploring bookmark options to hide/unhide PA visual (worked for me for standard visuals). Bookmarks can't change size. Did you make Drillthrough to work - that would be really good option. 
I am not really happy with image quality - it looks like stretched thumbnail. Any ideas on improving image resolution? 

I am working on a similar powerbi report. How did you pass the path of the file from PBI list to Powerapps pdf viewer?

I have path in the same table (same row) as document number and pass both into PowerApp

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@dyee46413GT,

I'm afraid your needs cannot be met using the bookmark and drill through functions

Please check out the following articles to see if it is helpful :PDF viewer control (experimental) in Power Apps 

Power apps-pdf-viewer 

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dyee46413GT
Regular Visitor

Bump

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.