Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

J_Swetik
Regular Visitor

PBIX File hangs after creating new calculated measure

Hey everybody,

I work on a report and since yesterday I can't create new measures.

When I create a new measure, I see this the whole time.

J_Swetik_0-1631085229492.png

I can also click on it and press "Enter" as suggested by other community members (see link below) and the box disappears, but I still can't work on the file. I can't even close it, I need to use the taskmanager.

I have this problem just in this file, so it's not the PBI version.

A few weeks ago I had a similar problem, but there I just got the problem when I named two measures identical by accident.

I appreciate any help, thank you!

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/PowerBI-Desktop-hangs-when-adding-a-calculated-measure-with-...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @J_Swetik 

You should make sure to use the latest version of desktop and ensure that the name of the measure must not be repeated.

There is indeed a model issue in LC mode, the engineer is already working on and the fix is in SU09 (september release).

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ajatwood

Hello, 

I had the same issue after turning one of my datasets into a "thin report". I resolved the issue by adding a new tab, then I created a new measure. 

Hope this helps!  

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @J_Swetik 

You should make sure to use the latest version of desktop and ensure that the name of the measure must not be repeated.

There is indeed a model issue in LC mode, the engineer is already working on and the fix is in SU09 (september release).

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Hi,

thanks for your reply. The file ist still failing, I also have the latest release but it's the August release. I wait for the september release to come and will check it again.

Thanks for you help, I will keep you informed!

Greets J_Swetik

Hi, @J_Swetik 

The September version is released. You can check it. Wait for you.

If problem still persists, pls let me know.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.