Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Myles_POLB

PBID switches to report tab after creating relationship

I have several tables inluded in my Query from SQL 2017. The tables have foreign key constraints to a central table (Not a fact table). The relationships are not auto detected. I'm creating them by dragging and dropping from the primary key to the foreign key in the relationship. The parent will have all primary keys and the child has a subsection of the foreign keys.

Every time I create a relationship using the relationship tab the report tab pops on top after I create the relationship. I think this is an unecessary step to switch back and forth between the two tabs just to create the relationships.

Is this a bug?

1. Drag the PK to the FK1. Drag the PK to the FK2. The Create relationship window opens2. The Create relationship window opens3. Power BI Desktop switches to the Report tab3. Power BI Desktop switches to the Report tab4. I do manual save4. I do manual save5. Switch back to Relationships View5. Switch back to Relationships View6. Relationship shows up after  a few seconds.6. Relationship shows up after a few seconds.

If I save after I switch back the relationship does not show up until the save. 

Either way the Relationship tab switches to the Report tab. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Myles_POLB,

This is a dupe of VSTS 11370713: “Bug Bash: After editing a relationship and closing the relationship dialog box, Desktop jumps to the report view instead of staying on the diagram view.” Issue affected only editable DirectQuery models. Project Team have checked the fix for this issue on the Dec 22nd  , so it’s going to be available in February 2018. thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Myles_POLB,

This is a dupe of VSTS 11370713: “Bug Bash: After editing a relationship and closing the relationship dialog box, Desktop jumps to the report view instead of staying on the diagram view.” Issue affected only editable DirectQuery models. Project Team have checked the fix for this issue on the Dec 22nd  , so it’s going to be available in February 2018. thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Myles_POLB,

Based on your screenshot, you live connect to your database. I can reproduce your scenario using the latest version(2.53.4954.621). While Power BI Desktop won’t switche to the Report tab automatically when I get data using import model. I also test using Power Bi October version, it still won't switch back and forth. I have consulted the Product team if it's a expected behaviour or a issue. I will post update if I get any response.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.