Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reetz
Helper II
Helper II

PBI table column only tooltip using a button or shape

Hello,  

I have a Power BI table with a column that contains various links to web URLs.  Not all rows have a link.

I have it set up that clicking on a link opens the URL for that row and that works fine. 

An additional request came in to display a tool tip when hovering over that column to display a specific message regarding confidentiality for that URL link. 

I added a tall transparent button to sit over that column and on hovering, I am able to display the requested message. The button requires an action to display the tooltip.  The only action I found that stayed on the same report page and worked was

Type: Bookmark and Bookmark: None.  However, now I can’t click on the link to access the URL. I did make the background of the button transparent but that does not work either.

Is there a work around for this?  Thanks in advance!

Table1.pngTable2.png

2 REPLIES 2
rsbin
Super User
Super User

@Reetz ,

You might be better off creating a Tooltip Page.

Lots of info available on how to create a Tooltip page.

Then add this Tooltip Page to your Table visual to display the confidentiality note.

Regards,

Thank you rsbin.  I should have mentioned that I did try that first but it is very irritating when the tooltip constantly pops up when hovering over different areas on the table.  Was looking for a cleaner solution.  But thank you for the very quick response!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.