Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RogerGonzález

PBI keeps renaming my excel workbook

Hi everyone, I have been working with PBI since last year, having an excel file as my data source, and a pbix linked to it. My excel workbook gets updated periodically, and gets renamed to a rare combination of letters and numbres randomsly, like "BF7BAF00" or something like that. Also occurs when saving on the PBI desktop application. This happends very often, having to rename the excel file to the original name to keep updating the dashboard. I think it is the PBI app that makes this.Captura.PNG

Any help would be much appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
RogerGonzález

Thanks you! I will try this. My doubt is if the excel workbook gets renamed again, then will be no longer an excel file, becouse the extension .xlsx gets deleted also, and so the PBI wont find it.

Thanks you again for your help

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RogerGonzález , one of the ways is: Add the folder to power bi. Filter the excel file. and then expand, that will make sure all excel in the folders gets picked up.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/folder

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.