Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nallabothula
Frequent Visitor

PBI file size

hi,

i am having a table in sql with size of 4 MB while i am impoting the data into power bi the file size showing as 150 MB.

fyi, i have 30 fileds in which 15 are date column. and i changed the datatype datetime to date, and used trim and clean in power bi - even then the file size is same as 150MB.

Is there any thing that i have to check to reduce the file size ?

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Each date column gets its own date table behind the scenes, which will increase the file size.  This can be turned off by going to File > Options and settings > Options > under Current File, Data Load > uncheck Auto Date/Time.  This may affect any date-based measures you've created.

You can also use the VertiPaq Analyzer tool to interrogate your data model and see what's taking up space.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jeffshieldsdev
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Each date column gets its own date table behind the scenes, which will increase the file size.  This can be turned off by going to File > Options and settings > Options > under Current File, Data Load > uncheck Auto Date/Time.  This may affect any date-based measures you've created.

You can also use the VertiPaq Analyzer tool to interrogate your data model and see what's taking up space.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.