Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

makcim392
Advocate I
Advocate I

PBI desktop: we weren´t able to connect to the data model

hi,

I installed PBI desktop on a Windows 7 machine. I was previously running it on another one without issues. This one doesn´t though. I´ve already tried everything I can think of. tried 32, 64 bit versions, reinstalled, checked .net version installed. Nothing worked. I even run windows with the lowest amount of services possible through msconfig.msc

It just keeps throwing the same error "we weren´t able to connect to the data model"

any help is much appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@makcim392 ,

Was the report created in an older version of power bi desktop? If it was, please try installing the old version and removing all the custom visuals in the report. Then check if this report can be opened in the latest version.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

it didn´t even work opening a new document. I just tried running pbi without opening any documents 

@makcim392 ,

Could you clarify more details about which data source and which connection mode are you using?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I was just trying to open a new document. Offline. 

I suspect it was windows 7's fault

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.