Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SergioTorrinha
Resolver II
Resolver II

PBI desktop and Python integration problem

Hi all

I have a PBI desktop file which was developed based in several python scripts: some for visuals and others for data transformation.

This file was developed in machine 1 and now i'm trying to use that same file in machine 2.

Both machines have latest PBI desktop version and both machines have Python installed. In machine 2 i folowed Microsoft instructions for Pythn installation here.

However, when I open PBI desktop file in machine 2 i get the following error:

pbi desktop error.PNG

I am pretty sure that Python is installed in machine 2, please check image below for a validation:

python install check.PNG

So, now what should I do in order to work with this PBI file in machine 2?

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SergioTorrinha , pbi file has python path setting, can you check is that correct on another machine.

Check the python path in the second machine is it same as the first machine

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-python-scripts

@amitchandak 
Ho yes the path is correct in PBI desktop file in machine 2.
Sorry i forgot to mention that in my original post

Python path in PBI.PNG

Hi, @SergioTorrinha 

Have you tried to   developed  a file in machine 2 and then use that same file in machine 1  to check if the same problem occurs?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi,
@v-easonf-msftdeveloping python in machine 2 is no option here, as the owner of machine 2 doesen't know how to work with python. So the idea here is to develop in machine 1 and then deploy in machine 2 (yes i know machine 2 needs to have Python installed acording to microsoft recomendations).

In any case, I think Comodo firewall in machine 1 was blocking a Python service from running properly. I wasn't able to test if this solves the issue or not but i found a couple posts in Comodo forum that lead to think that Python was getting blocked by it.

Thanks 🙂

Hi , @SergioTorrinha 

Have  you tried to  create a support ticket to investigate this issue?Maybe  they will have better advice.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Once  you get any workaround, please kindly share it here for reference so that others having similar concern can find the answer more easily. Thanks!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.