Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

atin
Resolver I
Resolver I

PBI Service - Why is all my data not showing on PBI service after successful publishing from Desktop

Hi all 

I successfully posted a 3 page report from Power BI desktop to PBI service online. The reports is based on data from the same file in Excel with different tabs. 

Please see the 3 pages that exists in PBI desktop. - Income statement, Balance sheet & Cashflow including the success posting message from Power BI

Income statement from DesktopIncome statement from Desktopcash flow from desktopcash flow from desktopSuccess message from desktopSuccess message from desktopBalance sheet from dESKTOPBalance sheet from dESKTOP

The problem I appear to be facing now is when I view the same reports in Power BI online service, Not all the charts/graphs are showing on the reports. Please can you let me know what I am doing wrong and why not all the data is being shown. Please see the reports below on Power BI Service

Error message in Balance sheet - PBI online serviceError message in Balance sheet - PBI online serviceBalance sheet graphs not showing -PBI serviceBalance sheet graphs not showing -PBI serviceCash flow statement - error message pbi serviceCash flow statement - error message pbi serviceIncome statement is ok - published on PBI serviceIncome statement is ok - published on PBI serviceCash flow statement- charts missing from PBI serviceCash flow statement- charts missing from PBI service

Many thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@atin 

I noticed that Year filter is placed on both Visual and Page Level. I cleared the Page Level filter and it works in service. 
You keep the filters either on Visual or Page.

Fowmy_0-1603698626308.png

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

View solution in original post

Many thanks for your help @Fowmy  It works now 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@atin ,
Is there any low level seurity in your report? What kind of dax calculations are used for these visuals that do not display data?
Could you compare data used in visuals that work ok vs visuals that return error? There must be some column format (like date column) that is not the same between your pc settings and Power BI service settings.

@nandic - Many thanks for your response  -  I am not aware of any low level security as I am using a demo dataset. 

Following on from my earlier comments - all 3 reports ie Income statement, Cash flow and Balance sheet are from the same dataset.

I will go back and recheck them all once again,  however it is very strange that whilst the Income statement is ok - the 2 other reports are not, given that they share the same dataset.

@atin 

Can you share your PBIX file and source data to check further?

You can save your files in OneDrive, Google Drive, or any other cloud sharing platforms and share the link here.

YouTube, LinkedIn

Many thanks @Fowmy for your assistance 

please see drop box link to excel file  - https://www.dropbox.com/t/qpz0w37ntYJwIUdo

PBIX file link https://www.dropbox.com/t/Sy3jUHWe28bu3aIl

Please let me know if you are not able to access. 

@atin 

I noticed that Year filter is placed on both Visual and Page Level. I cleared the Page Level filter and it works in service. 
You keep the filters either on Visual or Page.

Fowmy_0-1603698626308.png

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

YouTube  LinkedIn

Many thanks for your help @Fowmy  It works now 

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@atin 

You can delete the reports and datasets then republish.

YouTube  LinkedIn

Many thanks for your response @Fowmy - I tried this twice and still got the same errors

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.