Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

farhandsome
Helper I
Helper I

PBI Indirect Relationship Issues

Hi all,

I am having an issue with filtering of my tables. Here is the scenario:

I have three tables - one is populated by the production floor, one is daily order schedule, and one is a reference table for build times. Here is the relationship below:

PBI Table Relationship.PNG

The DBS is the real-time production floor data which is identified by the Master Build Schedule (Stryker Daily), and then this is cross-referenced to a master sheet (Booms Routing Master) that identifies each order by it's material and spits out an estimated build time for that order delineated by Workstation. 

The problem comes at the workstation delineation. Check this image below:

PBI Indirect Relationship Issues.PNG

As you can see, this is a subassembly of one order at station "S030". However, it does not recognize that relationship when referencing the build time table and every single station is being populated in the sum of build times. I only want the "S030" build time for this specific order.

The problem lies in the fact that these are SQL data tables thru DirectQuery. I cannot change to import based on the use case, and that keeps me limited in terms of DAX and data manipulation. Is there anyway to make an indirect relationship?

Thanks,

Farhan

3 REPLIES 3
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @farhandsome ,

Have your issue be resolved?Could you please provide more details about it If it still not be soleved? Please don't have any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

@farhandasome
If by indirect you mean virtual you can use the TREATAS function, which in effect creates a virtual relationship between two tables which share a common field

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @farhandsome ,

It seems there are two Workstatios field used in this table visual, Could you please calify the field used in table visual come from which table? Are there any Many to Many relationship between each tables?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.