Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MariaP
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

PBI Desktop table results navigation by page - Matrix visual formatting

Hi all,

I have created a report that allows the user to view results in a table either all at once or by 5 rows at a time when selecting a page number. The total pages to display are dynamic and change when filters are selected based on the total rows returned. 

I am using the "Filter" visual as a horizontal visual to navigate through the pages. This works correctly.

I have tried to use the "Matrix " table to navigate through the pages (as this has more options to style).

I would like the "Matrix " table to show only the total available pages (as does the "Filter" visual)

Each time I clear all filters, and re-select filters, the matrix visual then shows all page numbers (as my visual level filter on the matrix is cleared )

Is it possible to make the "Matrix" table behave as described and only show the available page numbers when a user filters? 

Sample here:  PBI Sample File 

NavigationHelp.png

Thanks to @GilbertQ  for this inspiration outlined below that uses bookmarks to navigate.

FourMoo Inspiration 

Maria

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @MariaP , 

I hope that im understanding you correctly but adding a visual level filter on the Matrix will allow you to remove the pages not applicable when you apply slicer selections:

tex628_0-1617780780506.png

Am i on the right track here?

/ J

Connect on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

MariaP
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @tex628 ,

Thank you for your reply. I realised my error as I had already tried the above and thought it did not work. I forgot to update my "Clear All Selections" bookmark when I added the "Matrix" visual to navigate. I have done this now and it is working!

Your response helped find my bug 🙂

Cheers,

Maria

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @MariaP , 

I hope that im understanding you correctly but adding a visual level filter on the Matrix will allow you to remove the pages not applicable when you apply slicer selections:

tex628_0-1617780780506.png

Am i on the right track here?

/ J

Connect on LinkedIn
MariaP
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @tex628 ,

Thank you for your reply. I realised my error as I had already tried the above and thought it did not work. I forgot to update my "Clear All Selections" bookmark when I added the "Matrix" visual to navigate. I have done this now and it is working!

Your response helped find my bug 🙂

Cheers,

Maria

tex628
Community Champion
Community Champion

Glad to hear that! Good luck with future development 🙂 

Br,
J

Connect on LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.