Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FinanceGuy
Frequent Visitor

PBI Desktop refresh need to perform 2 times

In many cases, the first refresh takes forever. I have to stop it then refresh again to go through.

Anyone get the same experience and can PBI team do something ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@FinanceGuy 

Slow refresh can caused by many reasons. Try turn on the 2 features in the option.

Vpazhenmsft_0-1632279287494.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@FinanceGuy 

Slow refresh can caused by many reasons. Try turn on the 2 features in the option.

Vpazhenmsft_0-1632279287494.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

normally the first refresh takes more time tham others when done on your computer, cause when you open the power bi desktop the model its calculating the queries in the background, process thats needed to refresh, so if you let the file open for a while before refreshing you will see it will refresh quick on the first time, the time its takes to do the query on the background depends on the complexity of the query, the data volumen and your pc specs and internet if its using online resources

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.