Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SPC_123
Frequent Visitor

PBI Desktop not fully refreshing from Sharepoint Online

1. I have a Sharepoint Online list to which I added a new column.  That new column is not pulling into Power BI Desktop (the refresh is, however, accurately picking up changes to data in the originally imported columns). 

2. Separately, when I created this SPO list from an uploaded Excel file, 3 columns were added that had no data (column 1, column 2, column 3).  They never displayed in Power BI Desktop.   To clean things up in the SPO list, I deleted them from the list.  The problem is now that Power BI Desktop throws errors indicating 'that those columns could not be found'.  I cleared the errors by adding those columns back to SPO.

Any advice?  Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The error you're receiving indicates that the former column names are hard coded into your query.
You can open the advanced editor and search for the column names to see where.

If you had a "Remove Column" step with those columns you will need to delete or modify it. 

I think best practice is to use "Choose Columns" rather than remove columns, that way only the columns you want are coded into the query.

Hope that helps!

Kim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The error you're receiving indicates that the former column names are hard coded into your query.
You can open the advanced editor and search for the column names to see where.

If you had a "Remove Column" step with those columns you will need to delete or modify it. 

I think best practice is to use "Choose Columns" rather than remove columns, that way only the columns you want are coded into the query.

Hope that helps!

Kim

Hi Kim:

Awesome.  I've been able to resolve my issues.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.