Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yesenita
Frequent Visitor

PBI Desktop Refresh All - Expression.Error

Hi all,

Refreshing my tables via Refresh in Report view directly from PBI Desktop returns the following error:

Expression.Error: The column '' of the table wasn't found

I'm able to refresh the data of the error table and other tables individually via Data view - not ideal.

There is no clear indicator on what colum could be causing the error. The table does not reference other tables. Source URL tested, no problem there.

Any ideas?

screenshot:

Refresh fail.PNG

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yesenita,

From the error message, it seems that there is a calculated column in the table StandingsMLB and the expression is incorrect. Please check if any column in this table contains error.

Besides, please enable tracing on Power BI Desktop then check the detail error message around the time that you are refreshing. For more information, please refer to this article: Power BI Desktop Trace Logs Analyser.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@@Qiuyun_Y I was able to refresh native PBDesktop file just fine, but refresh in Power BI online failed

PBI online OBP Refresh fail.PNG

Hi @yesenita,

Which data source did you connect to? Please share more information about refresh. As this thread is too old, please create a new thread and describe the issue clearly.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

All is working fine now. I wasn't able to recreate the error to retrieve technical details.

Thanks for your help and suggestions!

yesenita
Frequent Visitor

Hi all,

Refreshing my tables via Refresh in Report view directly from PBI Desktop returns the following error:

Expression.Error: The column '' of the table wasn't found

I'm able to refresh the data of the error table and other tables individually via Data view - not ideal.

There is no clear indicator on what colum could be causing the error. The table does not reference other tables. Source URL tested, no problem there.

Any ideas?

screenshot:

Refresh fail.PNG

Hi yesenita ,

I need some some clarification , let me know

1. Are you trying to change the data source. [eg. developed in Excel but now changed in SQL like this]

2. Did you changed your column data type in Data Modelling Screen [Eg. Text to Date like this ]

let me know

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.