Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Paulx99
Helper IV
Helper IV

PBI Desktop Error Message

Hi All

I've loaded a couple of data files into PBI Desktop and when I click on the relationships icon, I get the following error message:

"Unexpected Error. Missing Edge. Curve".

I've never seen this before. Does anyone know what this error message means and how to resolve it ?

Thanks

Paul

9 REPLIES 9
walnei
Helper III
Helper III

Hello Friend.

Try changing the screen resolution , this is just a guess without too many pretensions

#PowerBI Seeking Leadership
Brazilian hug
IF YOU ARE RIGHT, MARK AS ANSWER TO GUIDE TO OTHER

Hi walnei

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I have not been able replicate the error message again, so  Ireally have no idea what caused it in the first place !

Paul

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi PaulX,

Do u add any new Custom visual ?

If yes this error related to custom visual , we can anything on our end, so i suggest u send the error to forum.

Hi Baskar

No, I didn't add a new custom visual.

Paul

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I request you to report this issue in Microsoft forum or mail they from error message , sure they i help you.... here we can't.

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Paulx99 have you got the latest power bi desktop version ? Turn on logging by going through File –> Options –> Diagnostics –> Enable Tracing and check logs if any helpful. I've seen this reported few times.

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I do have the latest verion - 2.35.4399.381 64-bit (May 2016). Have now turned on the logging as per your advice. Will see what is in there next time this problem occurs. It is hard to understand what the problem is - the error message makes no sense to me whatsoever !

Paul

@Paulx99

When and in which visualization does that error happen? When you got that unexpected error, can you send a frown so that the product team could get more details?

Hi Eric

This happened after clicking on the Reslationships icon.  I tried to send a frown at the time this error occurred, but it did not send.

Unfortunately, I have not seen this error messsage again, not have I been able to replicate it again by clicking on the Realtionships icon.

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.