Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nirvana_moksh
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PBI Data Table Failing to Render

Hello All,

I know PBI Pro has a limitation of 1 GB per file and workspace limitation is 10 GB, but I am uploading a PBI file with is 550 MB and it is uploading fine, but the data table on the report tab is giving me the error attached  

Capture.PNG

And this does not make sense to me because the file (inclusive of the data model is 550 MB) or am I missing something here? Are "Resources" CPU or Memory?

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @nirvana_moksh,

From the error message, the issue occurs when a visual has attempted to query too much data for the server to complete the result with the available resources.

As suggested in the error, you may need to try filtering the visual to reduce the amount of data in the result currently.

In addition, the issue may caused by that you have multiple and complex calculations in the data model. Power BI Service has 1GB memory limit for the memory consumed by a data model and its calculations. 

In your scenario, please optimize your data model following the guide in the blogs below, and re-publish your PBIX file to Power BI Service.

Power BI Performance Tips and Techniques
Data Import Best Practices in Power BI

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So in terms of calcualtion there was no DAX or M calcualtions being done and it was simple data table and the pbix file size ws 459 MB which is under the 1 GB PBI Pro alloated value. Is there a limitation in PBI Service on how many number of rows it can display on a simple data table? Because that is the issue that I am leaning towards here now.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.