Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

PB Dataset with parameters

I am creating a dataset for a paginated report. Dataset has one query that uses parameters. When I get that dataset into Report Builder and create a report dataset how can I provide these parameters?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Markzolotoy 

I am thinking if you move the report from ssrs to pbirs, and "edit in Power bi desktop". You can have your parameter in power bi desktop for rs, then publish this pbix to power bi report service. 
Solved: Move SSRS reports to existing PBIRS - Microsoft Power BI Community

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Markzolotoy 

I am thinking if you move the report from ssrs to pbirs, and "edit in Power bi desktop". You can have your parameter in power bi desktop for rs, then publish this pbix to power bi report service. 
Solved: Move SSRS reports to existing PBIRS - Microsoft Power BI Community

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Also when you say refresh the dataset can that be done automatically when a user is about to run the report? If not, what about when a scheduled report export is about to run?

Markzolotoy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Here is what I am trying to achieve. I am converting a SSRS report into a paginated report that will be run on the Service. The data is stored on-prem server and will be accessed via the Gateway. In order to get this data into a paginated report I am creating a PB dataset. The dataset is based on an SQL stored proc. Execution of which takes two parameters. What would the right approach be?

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Markzolotoy you cannot provide the parameter to the Power BI dataset from the Power BI report builder. You have to first refresh the dataset in Power BI Service by entering the value of the parameter. Not sure what you are trying to achieve here, not sure if this is the right approach.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.