Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PARTITION CONFIGURATION ERROR

Hi everone,

I imported data and made reports already. But now when I change the datasource of a table to odata, there is an error like this

Capture.PNG

I also tried another way by just importing the data, not replacing anything. But the error still incurred.

If I open a new report and import, it is ok.

I don't know what happened and how to solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

Current, power bi incompatible with import mode and live mode(direct query, live connection).

In addition, if you want to apply some custom steps in query editor, please switch to import model.(direct query mode not support custom steps and queries anymore)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NickEtch
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous, 

I came across this issue as well. It appears that if you deselect the "Enable Load" on the original queries that were brought in so that only the merged query remains, the merged query will then load without giving you the partition error. Everything is still in DirectQuery but only the merged table is available to use the visuals, filters, etc. in the report.

the method is not working, as when deselect "enable load", the data actually is removed  and error is still exists. 

hi NickEtch,

can you please send the snapshot for it 

" deselect the "Enable Load" on the original queries", i have no idea how to do this.

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I imported a data and made report based on it. Now when I change the datasource of a table, there is an error like this:

"Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'Partitions that contain a full dataset (not sampled data) have to be configured for DirectQuery and Full Dataviews, or use Import query mode to retrieve data. This model apprears to have partitions that are non-compliant. Please check partition configuration.'."

I also tried another way by just importing the odata into the report, not replacing anything data. But the error still incurred.

If I open a new report and import the odata, it is ok.

I don't know what happened and how to solve it?

Hi @Anonymous,

Current, power bi incompatible with import mode and live mode(direct query, live connection).

In addition, if you want to apply some custom steps in query editor, please switch to import model.(direct query mode not support custom steps and queries anymore)

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

it appears whether it is direct query or import mode, which depends the database structure. 

and it is not really depends on the user's selection. 

am i right?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.