Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PARALLELPERIOD not working when the current amount equals £0.00

I have created 2 measures...

1) Current amount

GL Entry Amount = sum('037_MS_GL Data_Qlik'[GL Entry Amount])+0

2) Last year's amount

Last Year Amount = CALCULATE([GL Entry Amount],PARALLELPERIOD(Dates[Date],-12,MONTH))+0

When the GL Entry Amount equals £0.00 then the Last Year Amount automatically becomes £0.00 when it should actually have a value.

Is there any reason for this? When I filter on months where the GL Entry Amount doesn't equal £0.00 then the Last Year Amount measure works fine. Really strange!

Any help will be much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you very much for your help.

It seems like the issue was with my relationship too. The relationship between my 2 tables had a Cross filter direction = Both but when I changed it to Single, your solution worked.

Much apprecaited.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User IV
Super User IV

@MrA15S , for last year better you use Trailing measure

example

Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))

or sameperiodlast year

Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR('Date'[Date]))

or measures like

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
This year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))
Last year Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"12/31"))
Last to last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you very much for your help.

It seems like the issue was with my relationship too. The relationship between my 2 tables had a Cross filter direction = Both but when I changed it to Single, your solution worked.

Much apprecaited.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors