Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

P&L with different Hierarchy and Gross Profit Calculation

Hi,

I am trying to build a PBI visualization of my P&L. It normally should be like this:

Desired P&L View.png

Since my database has only account, dates and amounts values I am connecting to an Account Mapping that I would leave on the excel file.

The result I get so far is this one:

Wrong P&L View.png

As you can see, since the mapping has Sold Units on 2 levels, it appears twice. For Sales is the same case, it appears twice.

And last but not least, I would like to calculate Gross Profit and Gross Margin below those lasts fields on the same table. I tried to calculate it and insert the field on "Values" but it shows a line under every single line.

I am attaching the excel file and the Power BI file on the comments

Thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you guys know how to attach my excel file and my PBI dashboard?

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can upload the excel file and report file to OneDrive for Business  and share the link with us. Besides that, could you please also provide your expected result in form of table or screen shot? Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Yingyinr,

Here is the drive link where you can find attached four files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-2EWGjjEPcGGu49bjz_PsWB0CwuC0SK_?usp=sharing

• Desired P&L View. Here is the usual visual I build for my P&L
  • Wrong P&L View. The result I get so far on my dashboard tests
  • DataBase. Here you will find the data base and the main mapping of the accounts
  • Dummy PBI. The dashboard with the main idea of the issue

Thanks for your support!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.